Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Accounting using external program

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Accounting using external program
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:38:15 +0300

Salam,

> but when i try to authenticate users from "MS SQL" i failed.
> can i use gnu-radius with MS SQL?

Ouff, frankly I don't know :^) At least, there is no special
support for MS SQL in Radius. If it has its ODBC interface, then you
may use it via ODBC.

> find "Acct-Ext-Program" Attribute in the documentation and i put the line in
> the raddb/hints file.
[..]
> But all these attributes are inactive and nothing is happening.

Your setup is correct. However, make sure that:

1) There are no another DEFAULT entry above the one you've mentioned.
2) The incoming pakets actually meet the 'Suffix = ".ppp"' criterion.
To do so, examine the detail file (default /var/log/radacct/<nasname>/detail).

Allah Hafiz.
-Sergey