Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Using Session-Timeout

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Using Session-Timeout
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:39:26 +0200

> I'm newbie in RADIUS and I've read through all the documentation and =
> can't figure out how to use the Session-Timeout.
>
> I had this in my user file
> DEFAULT Auth-Type = Local, Password-Location = SQL,
>                Simultaneous-Use = 1
>                Service-Type = Framed-User,
>                Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>                Session-Timeout = 180

That's correct.

> Actually what I want to do is to capture the value of Session-Timeout in
> database, but I can't figure out where to put the statement. Here's the
> scenario, I had a table call "profile", and I wanna retrieve the field
> "remaining" from database(postgres), so the SQL would be "select
> remaining from profile where user_name = '%u'".... but where do I put
> this statement into ?

In raddb/sqlserver. More specifically, you'll have to modify either
check_attr_query or reply_attr_query depending on which attributes
you want to retrieve. Check_attr_query appends the retrieved
attributes to the LHS of the user entry, whereas reply_attr_query appends
them to the RHS.

You may find useful the detailed description of sqlserver syntax at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_chapter/radius_8.html#SEC62

Regards,
Sergey