Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Group attr usage (fixed question)

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Group attr usage (fixed question)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:38:07 +0200

> After fetching user groups via group_query I can use Group attribute in
> LHS parts of user profile.
>
> Is it possible to use Group value in rewrite functions or users RHS or
> somewhere else?

No, it is not. Group is not a usual attribute, rather it is a
statement instructing radius to check whether a user pertains
to a specified group. The group_query can, and normally will
return a list of groups the user belongs to, in which case
radius will compare the specified group value against each
member of the group. If we were to use Group in RHS, then
it would become unclear to what value the %C{Group} should
expand: to a comma-delimited list of strings, to the first
item of the list or to some other value.

Regards,
Sergey