[Help-gnu-radius] checking groups...

From: Edward Rudd
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] checking groups...
Date: 16 Jul 2002 22:17:58 -0500

Is there a way for a NAS (radius client) to check the groups that a user
belongs to on the radius server???

I am using the mysql backend for authentication so I have a user table
create table user_name (
  user_name char(30),
  user_pass char(20),
  primary key (user_name)
);
and a group table
create table user_group (
  user_name char(30),
  user_group char(10),
  primary key (user_name, user_group)
);
and I populate it with my test user
  insert user_name ('dummy',encrypt('dummpass'));
  insert user_group ('dummy','group1');

I am using the mod_auth_radius.so modules for apache authentication..
(the one from http://freeradius.org/mod_auth_radius/) and would like to
be able to do a "require group group1" and have it rely on the group
info on the radius server..

I know i'll have to modify the mod_auth_radius module to get it to do
this.. My question is can it be done??  What Auth-request attributes do
I need to send to the radius server to get it to check for a specific
group?

Thanks in advance...
Edward Rudd