Re: [Help-gnu-radius] about command line options

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] about command line options
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:24:51 +0300

> When I want to specify the way that radiusd operates,
> I can modify the configuration file or set some options via command line.
> But I don't know the correct way and place to set the argument vi command
> line.

You may use either command line switches or configuration file options,
according to your preferences. Notice however, that the configuration file
allows finer control over the operation of radiusd. For example,
--ip-address switch provides only a subset of the functionality of
`listen' statement in configuration file. Besides, most of the
configuration file directives do not have corresponding command
line options.

> For example, if I want to specify the IP address radiusd will listen on,
> is "/usr/local/sbin/radiusd --ip-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" correct?
> If it is correct, will the configuration file be modify too?

When settings of the configuration file contradict those from
the command line options, the former take precedence over the
latter.

Regards,
Sergey