Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Problems running gnu-radius

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Problems running gnu-radius
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:54:45 +0200

> gnu-radius worked as expected. But after a few logins (around 30) the dial
> in> wasn't possible anymore. After running a while nevertheless, it seemed,
> that

What do you see in radiusd log files? How many radiusd children where
then active?

> After running a while nevertheless, it seemed, that
> the dial in was possible sometimes (and then for some dial in attempts in a
> row) and sometimes not.

The sympthoms seem to indicate that MySQL (or possibly DNS
connection -- see below) was too slow. But there is not enough
data to tell something definitive. Could you send me an excerpt from
your logs at this time?

> A special note: top showed 99% idle in this test. But sometimes the radius
> started very slowly.

At startup, radiusd does a number of dns queries for the hosts
mentioned in naslist and clients. To speed it up, try to run it
with --do-not-resolve command line option.

> this true? Nevertheless, as I tested the attribute Simultaneous-Use = 100 in
> the users file, radiusd -mc returned an error message.

What diagnostic message did it issue?

Regards,
Sergey