Re: [Help-gnu-radius] with-mysql configure issues

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] with-mysql configure issues
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:02:24 +0200

Hi Scott,

> Yeah I tried that, but I looked at the libtool and the problem was the lack
> of the shared library. Even after I moved the files to the 2 pre-configured
> paths the test still failed.

I see now. Libmysqlclient depends on libz. When using shared object,
this dependency is pulled up automatically. When using a statically
linked object, it must be explicitly specified. I should have foreseen
it in configure. Anyway, it is possible to configure the package with
static mysql libraries by running:

       LIBS=-lz ./configure [options]

Thank you for noticing the problem.

Regards,