Re: [Help-gnu-radius] CLID Unknown And Acct Errors Using MySQL

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] CLID Unknown And Acct Errors Using MySQL
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:49:11 +0200

>   What does CLID mean and why is it stopping my authentication?

CLID stands for Calling Station ID. It has nothing to do with the
authentication, and is included in messages for informational
purposes only.

>   I saw earlier in the postings that the passwords have to be =
> encrypted...is this still true in 0.96 and will gnu-radius support plain
> text in the near future since that's how it is stored in my databases?

Yes, version 0.96 supports plaintext passwords in SQL databases. To
use plaintext passwords, the apporpriate `raddb/users' entry should
look like:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Crypt-Local,
                  Password-Location = SQL

(ellipsis stands for any additional check and reply pairs you might
need).