Re: gnutls error on Emacs for Android armeabi 7a

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: gnutls error on Emacs for Android armeabi 7a
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:29:19 +0800

Lockywolf <for_help-gnu-emacs_at_gnu_org_2023-11-30@lockywolf.net>
writes:

> No such option on my ebook reader.
>
> I can configure the physical keyboard using the persistent notification,
> which lists input method apps, and allows changing layouts for the
> physical keyboard, but there is no "Use on-screen keyboard" option to
> un-check.

If a keyboard icon is displayed on the navigation bar during Isearch,
the popup it activates should provide a toggle titled "Hardware
keyboard--show input method" or thereabouts, which is equivalent to this
Settings option.

> Moreover, the on-screen keyboard does not appear when pressing M-x, or
> M-:, so this seems to be somehow search-related. Moreover, I can press
> "back" to turn the on-screen keyboard off, which is, like, just one more
> keypress. It's just annoying.

The issue is that Emacs knows nothing of whether the on-screen keyboard
is displayed, or indeed, whether such a keyboard is available at all.
It notifies the system after a command that sends Emacs into a state
where keyboard input is required, and leaves the decision whether to
display the keyboard entirely in its hands.