Re: New line and trailing whitespaces

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: New line and trailing whitespaces
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 03:12:37 +0200

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:50:22 +0300
From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 14:10:34 +0200
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
>
> When the cursor is in an empty line and I press enter, the cursor jumps
> to the new line and indents (similar to what emacs does) but also
> removes the trailing whitespaces in the previous/leaving line.

Emacs does that since a long time ago (unless I misunderstand what you
mean).

Just to be more specific: it's the electric-indent-mode, which is ON
by default in Emacs since v24, that does this.  So if you don't see
this when you press RET, just turning electric-indent-mode should be
all you need.

Hi Eli:

This was it... very thanks. For me these two (indentation and cleanup)
were unrelated features. Because I disabled the indentation but I would
like to keep the cleanup... Any way I can live with it.

A somehow unrelate question.. I don't find a face to change the tab-mark
color in whitespace mode... Is it documented somewhere?