Re: Keybindings for navigating completing-read entries

From: tpeplt
Subject: Re: Keybindings for navigating completing-read entries
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:55:42 -0400

Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> writes:

> On Friday, April 12th, 2024 at 12:01 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> > Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:32:46 +0000
>> > From: Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com
>> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

>> > Started reading from through "21.6 Completion".
>>

>> You seem to be reading the wrong manual. Try reading "9.4 Completion"
>> in the Emacs user manual instead. It describes the commands in the
>> minibuffer when Emacs does completion, which is what you want.
>
> The html user manual uses bullets.  Could you introduce the section
> numbering instead, as it is more useful.

If you evaluate (by typing C-x C-e) the following Lisp expression from
within Emacs, then the built-in Info reader should be displayed at the
"Completion" section of the "Minibuffer" chapter in the Emacs user
manual:

   (info "(emacs) Completion")

You could also copy that expression and paste it after the "Eval: "
prompt following the key sequence M-:

- Geoffrey Chaucer, The Parliament of Birds.