Re: Inserting heading level and titile from first non-blank line

From: Heime
Subject: Re: Inserting heading level and titile from first non-blank line
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 12:59:37 +0000

On Friday, March 29th, 2024 at 9:34 PM, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
wrote:

> I am adding a heading with the following function using
> (outline-insert-heading).
> And want ta adapt it for a user to select the heading level. As the title, of
> the heading I want to use the first non-blank line that follows the position
> of the heading.
>
> (defun kinus ()
> (interactive)
> (outline-insert-heading))

Have added save-excursion, but the insertion still happens at the
end of the line match, rather than at point.

(defun kinus ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (forward-line)
    (while (looking-at "^[[:space:]]*$") (forward-line))
    (insert (buffer-substring
      (line-beginning-position) (line-end-position))) ))