Re: Passing user selection to a command

From: Heime
Subject: Re: Passing user selection to a command
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 16:26:24 +0000

On Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 at 3:56 AM, Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com writes:
>
> > The documentation for activate-input-method says
> >
> > "If some other input method is already active, turn it off first."
> >
> > It is not very clear whether the user should turn it off, or whether the
> > activate-input-method function will turn INPUT-METHOD off automatically.
>

> I'm not a native speaker; I agree it could be both. I've even checked
> the source code before answering to be sure ;-)

Changing the documentation to clarify the behavior of activate-input-method
would indeed be beneficial for users.   If the documentation clearly explains
whether activate-input-method turns off the current input method automatically
before activating the new one, or if users need to explicitly deactivate it
with set-input-method, they can make informed decisions.

Correct Usage: Clear documentation hel