Re: editable-list widgets: how to create one child automatically

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: editable-list widgets: how to create one child automatically
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:53:30 +0100

Mauro Aranda <maurooaranda@gmail.com> writes:

> So I think a better way is to provide a matching value for the find
> widget that will allow it to create its children with their default
> values.

Thank you very much.  I think your analysis is correct.

But this approach sounds inconvenient: I would have to maintain default
values of inner widgets in separate code locations (right?), and I would
also have to remember that I need to update the structure of the default
value of the "big" widget to be in sync with the structure of the widget
definition, should I once change it.

So, that the outer widget forces a value that I did not even specify
explicitly does not seem so useful to me.

Michael.