Re: Customize the key bindings in the org mode

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Customize the key bindings in the org mode
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 01:01:44 +0100

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Caveat emptor: I'm not an Org user.
>
> Does the above mean that this example in Org manual[1] doesn't work
> OOTB?

>       (with-eval-after-load 'org
>         (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "M-n") #'org-next-link)
>         (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "M-p") #'org-previous-link))

It does work OOTB.

I only had a very quick look yesterday, but I now see that org.el does
require org-keys and all the other stuff, so I don't understand the
problem reported by the OP, which is described only very briefly.  AFAIU
there should not be a problem when defining keys in `org-mode-map'
inside a with-eval-after-load 'org.  I tried it in several Emacs
versions and everything was fine.

Michael.