Re: (Windows) Problems with processes on master branch

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: (Windows) Problems with processes on master branch
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 13:16:10 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> With a fresh MSYS2/Mingw-w64 build executed on Windows 11 64bits with
> -Q, emacs mangles the output of processes and does not detect when they
> end.
>
> For instance, with emacs -Q
>
> M-x shell
>
> it shows
>
> icrosoft Windows [Version <omitted rest of output>
>
> Note the missing initial M. Then, emacs hangs (no input possible, C-g
> doen't work) showing (Shell:run) on the modeline.

With my Emacs 30 (d0766c0999) build, started from cmd.exe with
'runemacs -Q' and M-x shell RET, I get:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.4046]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

z:dir\>gcc -v
gcc -v
Using built-in specs.

With 'emacs -Q' started from a MinGW64 shell, M-x shell RET says:

bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.

Both versions work, despite the bash message.  I didn't try eshell.

Best, Arash