Re: problems with some external org-mode shell links which make emacs st

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: problems with some external org-mode shell links which make emacs stuck
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 23:15:51 +0100

Hi Bruno,
* Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> [2024-02-01; 13:18 +01]:
> Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:
>> 1. I'm asked every time if I want to execute the
>>    command.  This is annoying, is there a possibility
>>    to stop this?
>
> See https://orgmode.org/manual/Code-Evaluation-Security.html.

thanks.  I hoped for some less global setting.
Therefore I will cope with this question rather than
disable it.

>> 2. Emacs then shows "Executing ssh -N ..." in the echo
>>    area and while I still see the active cursor on the
>>    link I'm not able to move the point or switch
>>    between windows, till I hit C-g.  (In a terminal
>>    emulator under bash command returns successfully,
>>    it's exit code is 0.)
>>
>>    The problem does not stem from the "# comment1"
>>    part, since the same does not happen with this link:
>>    [[shell:/usr/bin/echo hund & # hund][hund]]
>

> Are you sure the problem doesn't come from the comment at the end ?
> (isn't "echo" command instantaneous?).

Yes, now I see, you are right.  With the "&" a buffer
for the result pops up, which I don't want.  The "#"
prohibits that, but for the price of Emacs being
stuck. [At some stage of my experiments I got a "#
wrong reader syntax" messages, which hints to, that the
"#" was somehow interpreted by the lisp interpreter.]

I finally used an "elisp:" link and "start-process":

[[elisp:(start-process "ssh" "*ssh*" "ssh" "-N" "-L xxxx:192.168.xxx.xxx:xxxx"
"-p xxxx" root@xx.xxx.xx.xxx")][xxx remote]]

This works as expected.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Gregor