Re: How to switch off autobackup for files loaded from tramp?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: How to switch off autobackup for files loaded from tramp?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:53:52 +0100

> But... rummaging through emacs' files.el that 'C-h v' sent me to, I
> found this:

> (defcustom remote-file-name-inhibit-auto-save-visited nil
>   "When nil, `auto-save-visited-mode' will auto-save remote files.
> Any other value means that it will not."
>   :group 'auto-save
>   :type 'boolean
>   :version "29.1")

> I'll try using this.

Ok, this was weird:
    M-x : remote-file-name-inhibit-auto-save-visited
in a buffer loaded from remote returns now t, but the buffer still
autosaves when modified

Does tramp do its own thing wrt to autosaving?

Or isn't the tramp file recognized as a remote file?

    M-x : (not (file-remote-p buffer-file-name))
evaluates to nil while the same on ~/.emacs evaluates to t, so I think
that means that file-remote-p sees the tramp buffer file as a remote...?