magit lags on macOS 12

From: zhanghj
Subject: magit lags on macOS 12
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 15:45:51 +0800

I'm using GNU Emacs on macOS.

I remember that before Emacs 26, running magit in Emacs was slow because Emacs called the child process using the 'fork' syscall.
Later, emacs26 used 'vfork', and then it no longer stuttered.

Now that I've upgraded my macOS to 12.7, I'm starting to see that magit is starting to get sluggish again, about the same as it was before Emacs 26.
I tried Emacs 27 and 29, both of which are rather sluggish. Why is that?