RE: [External] : Scrollbar width not respected in restored frames

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Scrollbar width not respected in restored frames
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:17:48 +0000

> I consistently see a discrepancy between the vertical-scrollbar width of
> the initial frames, restored from a previous session, and of subsequent
> frames called with make-frame-command (C-x52).

Dunno whether this is related, but I see something
similar (?), starting with Emacs 27, wrt applying
saved frame parameters - on MS Windows.

With my library `thumb-frm.el', I can optionally
thumbify instead of iconify frames.  I.e., shrink
frames to a thumbnail size.  This shrinks
everything, including the vertical scroll bar.

But starting with Emacs 27 the vertical scroll
bar isn't shrunk - it has the width of a default
frame.

More precisely, the first time I thumbify a frame
the scroll bar shrinks as it should.  But if I
restore that frame and then shrink it again the
thumbnail frame has the (wide) default-size scroll
bar.  From then on that frame is always wide when
thumbified.

Same with any other frame: first time thumbified
the scroll bar is shrunk, as it should be, but
thereafter it has the default-frame width.

Maybe not related to what you're seeing, as I'm
on Windows and you're not.  Dunno.
___

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FisheyeWithThumbs

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/thumb-frm.el