Re: Issue building on MSWindows + msys

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Issue building on MSWindows + msys
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 12:18:05 -0600

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 10:45 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:57:17 +0100
> > From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> >
> > make[2]: *** [Makefile:330: erc/erc-goodies.elc] Error 3
> >
> > -------------------------
> >
> > And a similar message (including backtrace) a bit latter:
> >
> > make[2]: *** [Makefile:330: org/ob-eshell.elc] Error 3
> >
> > -------------------------
> >
> > I made a clean build, make boostrap, git clean, rebuild from scratch etc
> > etc... and everytime I get the same error.
> >
> > Anybody knows what's going on?? Did I something wrong or is there some
> > known issue related with this??

I'm not able to reproduce this.   One thing I do between builds that
you don't mention is:
  git clean -xfd

I'm not sure why that should be needed, but it replaces having to run
clean (or a variant), at the cost of having to run autogen.sh each
time.

In any case, grepping a log of my successful build, just now, for
error or warning messages I see only:

w32heap.c:853:14: warning: 'm' may be used uninitialized [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

Which is expected on Windows.

> Did you update any of your system utilities (like Grep) or libraries
> lately?

I didn't, FTR.