Interest in a Cosmopolitan build of Emacs?

From: Alex
Subject: Interest in a Cosmopolitan build of Emacs?
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2023 11:27:01 +0000

Hi,

https://justine.lol/cosmo3/ includes a build of Emacs. This generates
a fat binary that can run in macOS/Windows/Linux and more, across x86
and ARM.

This requires a few hacks to work, and is currently on Emacs 28.2.

I've worked in a few patches to update to 29.1, and I'm now using it
as my main Emacs binary.

This solves for me the problem of using easily the latest Emacs even
if my Linux distribution packages an older version. I just unzip the
Cosmopolitan binary.

Is there any interest of setting up a less-hacky alternative? From the
patches required:

https://github.com/alexpdp7/superconfigure/blob/cleanup/emacs-29.1/minimal.diff

, perhaps the "enum" hacks could be upstreamed somehow (or maybe
there's a better solution, or an improvement to request to
Cosmopolitan)?

Cheers,

Álex