setting frame size with C-5 2 - emacs 30.5

From: H . -J . Heitländer
Subject: setting frame size with C-5 2 - emacs 30.5
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 14:28:58 +0000

Hi there,

since several months the behavior of C-5 2 has changed (for me).

Somehow the new frame only is 16 char wide and 6 lines high. (text window).

Additionally the variables "frame-char-width" resp. "frame-char-height" don't seem to be defined.

I'm on "debian testing" with wayland (xwayland) as the display protocol(?) Is there a way to set the size of a new frame generated by C-5 2?

Searching the docs/internet did not give any result so any help is welcome.

TX in advance

Heiner