RE: [External] : mark multi regions, kill and yank

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : mark multi regions, kill and yank
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 15:00:11 +0000

> I downloaded the hightlight.el file, again, from wiki, and the
> function we talked about it, is still not in. So I wait.

As I said, you can just use the old names,
`hlt-(un)highlight-regions' instead of
`hlt-(un)highlight-zones.el'.  And you have
`zz-add-zones-from-highlighting' as well.

I don't expect to finish the changes I started
in highlight.el soon.  So don't bother to wait.

> Just a suggestion, but wouldn't it be easier, if you would push zones
> and hightlight to some repo, which is publicly available.

Not for me, no.  Anyone is welcome to mirror
the files from Emacs Wiki to a GIT repo (and
that should already be happening, with the
Emacsmirror repo).

If it's too hard to download two files from
Emacs Wiki, add their directory to your
`load-path', and `require' them, then perhaps
look for another way to do what you want.

I have only the one suggestion; if it doesn't
work for you then try something else.

> > If you want to be sure to have the latest versions
> > of any of my files then download them from the wiki.
>
> As I said the functions we were talking about are not in wiki.

I've already explained about what's available
on the wiki: the latest externalized versions.
If they help you do what you want, great.  If
not, then perhaps someone else will be able
to help you more.