describe-function: Wrong number of arguments

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: describe-function: Wrong number of arguments
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 16:30:51 -0800

Build info is:
GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
 cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-09-22
on ubuntu 20.04

If I compile and load an elisp file with emacs-lisp-byte-compile-and-load and then run describe-function for a defun (invoked by in c-h f) I get the following
error message for all functions in that file:

*describe-function-1: Wrong number of arguments: #<subr help-fns--autoloaded-p>, 2

*Describe-function works fine for that elisp file when I restart emacs.

I am seeing a similar issue at the following site: https://github.com/doomemacs/doomemacs/issues/6097
Should I be going to a different version of emacs?
This instance of emacs is from snap. Was originally included with my ubuntu install
and I have just updated when prompted.

Any and all ideas are welcome

--
Tim