Strange scrolling behaviour in Emacs 29.1.2

From: Alois Steindl
Subject: Strange scrolling behaviour in Emacs 29.1.2
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 21:58:57 +0200

I observe a strange problem with the new release of Emacs 29.1.2 on Windows:

Scrolling with the mouse button works only in one direction: If I try to scroll up or down, the file is scrolled upwards in both cases until the start of the file is reached. This does not occur in Emacs 28.2 and with other programs. If I use a different mouse, it also works well; but with a certain Microsoft mouse it scrolls only inĀ  one direction for Emacs 29.1.2

The command C-h l displays, that the mouse sends both commands <wheel-down> and <wheel-up>, as it does with the other mice.

What might be the reason for that behaviour?