Chromebook Linux, Emacs 27.1, and full-screen ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Chromebook Linux, Emacs 27.1, and full-screen ?
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2023 17:24:13 -0700

I wanted to use Emacs in full screen mode to get a little more screen
real estate.  The maximize button now has options on how you want to
arrange the screen with respect to other screens below it including
putting it into full-screen mode.  The problem is that it tells me to
hit F5 to exit full-screen mode, but (after figuring out where F5 is on
this Chromebook) it appears that Emacs is intercepting the F5 key, so
the X window manager doesn't see it and take me out of full-screen mode,

Any workarounds for this?

--
David Masterson