Re: rmail_ how download emails for secondary email

From: జిందం వాఐి
Subject: Re: rmail_ how download emails for secondary email
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 19:04:32 +0530

Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 07:16:07 +0530
From: జిందం వాఐి <jindam.vani@disroot.org>

* run
cd ~/mail
movemail -v pops://jindam.vani%40disroot.org:PASSWD@disroot.org:995
~/RMAIL
movemail -v pops://jindam.vani%40disroot.org:PASSWD@disroot.org:995
~/disrt

* error
movemail: could not create mailbox `pops://jindam.vani%40disroot.org:
Invalid port or service specification

Is this movemail from Emacs, or from then GNU Mailtutils package?  I
think it's the latter, in which case the error means you are not using
movemail correctly or something (I have no experience with movemail,
sorry).

One question I have to ask is why do you use 995 as the port, while
your email setup uses different ports?

Another questions is why are you using jindam.vani@disroot.org as
username instead of just jindam.vani (since the host is specified
after that anyway)?

If the above doesn't help, I suggest to ask this question on the GNU
Mailutils list, since the problem pertains to that package, not to
Emacs per se.

done. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-mailutils/2023-10/msg00000.html

--
regards,