Re: [29.1] Symbol's function definition is void

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [29.1] Symbol's function definition is void
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 15:47:38 +0200

Amol wrote:

> The editor I built and installed locally fails (with or
> without -Q) very early (/proc/pid/maps show no .eln loaded)
> at startup with these errors:
>
> Symbol's function definition is void: file-name-sans-extension
> Symbol’s function definition is void: internal-echo-keystrokes-prefix

So not only is no .eln loaded, files.el and simple.el are also
not load, which is were those functions reside.

So something is up with your installation process, try
installing Emacs again and keep notes of all the commands you
enter and look for any error message that could hint as to
what is going on/wrong.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal