Emacs for Android with Termux fails to execute most subprocesses: readli

From: Romário Rios
Subject: Emacs for Android with Termux fails to execute most subprocesses: readlink('/proc/self/exe') failed
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 01:19:23 +0000

Hello,

I've just downloaded the Android+Termux port of Emacs from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/android-ports-for-gnu-emacs/files/termux/

I followed the instructions (install Termux first, then install Emacs), then I
opened Emacs and tried to edit .emacs

Emacs froze immediately.

Then I forced emacs to close and tried again, this time doing M-x shell RET

Emacs froze again.

I then (after closing and reopening Emacs) opened eshell and tried to execute
*anything* besides basic stuff like ls and this is what I get:

$ sh
readlink('/proc/self/exe') failed: Bad file descriptor

And then the shell hangs.

Any idea why this happens? This doesn't happen with the normal Emacs from
Fdroid.

I'm running the armeabi-v7a version of Emacs. My phone is not rooted and I'm
running Android 10.

Thanks in advance.

(Please cc me, I'm not subscribed to the list)