pulseaudio not active when using exwm

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: pulseaudio not active when using exwm
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 11:31:22 +0100

Hello all,

Using the same .xsession file, I can start up X with either a standard
window manager (e.g. StumpWM, KDE, Gnome, etc.) or alternatively Emacs
(i.e. exwm).  If I choose Emacs, my sound system is not configured
properly: only the system speaker is active.  If I choose StumpWM, say,
I have all the various sound devices available (headphones, speakers in
my monitor).

Is there something I need to specify from Emacs to get sound working?

Any hints welcome!

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-08-14) on Debian 12.1