Re: Passing result of macroexpand-all as argument to a function

From: Pierre Rouleau
Subject: Re: Passing result of macroexpand-all as argument to a function
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 21:37:39 -0400

On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 8:22 PM Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:

> If I want to pass the result of a macro without final evaluation as
> argument
> to a function, what kind of structure will it be ?
>
> I would be using
>
> (macroexpand-all (this-macro arg))
>
> which I would pass as argument to a function.
>
> 1- What is the problem that you are trying to solve?

2- If you want to pass something to a function and you want that something
not evaluated, then: quote it.  The function can later evaluate it if it
needs to extract the result of the expression, or it can print it using a
string formatting function.

3- If #2 is not clear, reading a LISP tutorial will help.   Investing time
reading on LISP and Emacs Lisp will help a lot.

--
/Pierre