Re: Spell checking package after ispell

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Spell checking package after ispell
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 17:01:52 +0200

uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> writes:

> Ispell is one of the older spell-checking packages and was the default
> spell-checker in Emacs before version 25.  Is there a better
> alternative these days, and how do I use it?

I have been using GNU Aspell for last couple
of years, and I must say that it works well.

That said, the default word-list used by
Aspell, which is SCOWL (Spell Checker
Oriented Word Lists), is not super-large,
which is why I have 1255 custom words in my
personal dictionary, as of today.

Rudy
--
"All you have to do is write one true sentence.  Write the truest sentence that
you know."

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava