RE: [External] : Testing validity of a word

From: uzibalqa
Subject: RE: [External] : Testing validity of a word
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 02:32:58 +0000

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------
On Wednesday, July 26th, 2023 at 1:33 PM, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
wrote:

> > Is there a package in Emacs for dictionary word lookup ?
>

> Maybe have a look at the links here, under "Dictionaries". There seem to be a
> dozen or so.
>
> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryInterface

Have taken the ispell route.  But I got into the difficulty of

(error "Marker points into wrong buffer" #<marker at 1 in  *temp*>)

Furthermore I am not sure whether the method is efficient.

(defun is-valid-word (word)
  "Check if the WORD is valid using `ispell`."
  (let ((original-buffer (current-buffer)))
    (with-temp-buffer
      (insert word)
      (ispell-word)
      (not (eq (current-buffer) original-buffer)))))