Caps Lock For Input Methods That Use Symbol Keys As Letter Keys

From: Yoshiku Onu
Subject: Caps Lock For Input Methods That Use Symbol Keys As Letter Keys
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 18:25:48 +0500

Hi!

I'm using the 'english-dvorak' input-method, (M-x set-input-method <CR> english-dvorak).

When using Caps Lock, it works fine for the keys that would normally be letters on a QWERTY layout. However, for the keys that would normally be symbols on a QWERTY layout, such as the ';', '.' and '/' keys, it doesn't capitalize them.

I see that this is also a problem with the Russian and Bulgarian input methods.

Is this a known problem? Is there any way I can solve or workaround this problem?

--

YO