Re: Setting size of frame

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Setting size of frame
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 14:47:07 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 11:05:40 +0000, uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> said:

    uzibalqa> I want to set the size of a frame by calling a function.

    uzibalqa> Although I have seen the following, I am not sure whether using
add-to-list is
    uzibalqa> the appropriate choice.  I only want the changes to happen in the
working frame.

    uzibalqa> (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(width  . 90))
    uzibalqa> (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(height . 40))

That modifies the default frame geometry, which will get applied to
new frames. To change the size of an existing frame, use:

     (modify-frame-parameters nil '((width . 90) (height . 40)))

Robert