Re: From global-set-key to keymap-global-set

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: From global-set-key to keymap-global-set
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2023 20:41:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> The documentation states that "global-set-key" is a legacy
>> function; instructing
>> people that the recommended function to use is
>> "keymap-global-set" [..]
>
> Are you reading the documentation [...]

It would be even better if such legacy comments/redirection
could be expressed syntactically, it would not only look the
same everywhere in source and hold uniform data with no need
to hard-code anything, more importantly the data could then be
picked up from different sources for local adaptation for the
specific purpose.

The documentation (help) would be one such use case yes, but
another would be the byte-compiler, because now it remains
silent despite me compiling 79 cases of `global-set-key' ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal