Using info in emacs requires traversing history

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Using info in emacs requires traversing history
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 21:39:04 +0000

I am having a problem using the emacs info

I do

C-h i m awk RET
m options RET

I can use q (or Stop Reading Info Icon) to stop reading
I can do back in history or move to previous or next node.

But I cannot easily go to the Top Info Directory and immediately
read the "Introduction to Emacs Lisp Manual".

I cannot just do

C-h i m eintr

because I am still in Gawk Node 2.2  Command-Line Options.

How can I get back to The Info Directory (dir) Top without having
to go back through all the history ?