Re: [External] : Re: From global-set-key to keymap-global-set

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: From global-set-key to keymap-global-set
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 12:02:54 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Wednesday, July 5th, 2023 at 11:34 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 09:44:41 +0000
> > From: uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me
> > Cc: Drew Adams drew.adams@oracle.com, Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org,
> > "help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org" help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> > Eli, are we meant to use keymap-global-set this way in order
> > to make an alternative keymap ?
> >
> > (keymap-global-set "C-;" "C-x C-;")
>

> I don't think I understand the question. What do you mean by "make an
> alternative map"?

Following up on Drew's "What's a command and its purported replacement",
are "keymap-set" and "keymap-global-set" supposed to accept the declarations
where command is actually a keymap like so

(keymap-set "C-;" "C-x C-;")
(keymap-global-set "C-;" "C-x C-;")

Which is intended to add the keymap "C-;" as an equivalence to "C-x C-;",'and
thusly having "C-;" as an alternative keymap to using "C-x C-;".