Re: Making a list of lists

From: Sebastian Miele
Subject: Re: Making a list of lists
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 18:40:40 +0200

> From: Sebastian Miele <iota@whxvd.name>
> Date: Mon, 2023-07-03 18:33 +0200
>
>> From: Sebastian Miele <iota@whxvd.name>
>> Date: Mon, 2023-07-03 18:24 +0200
>>
>>> From: uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me>
>>> Date: Mon, 2023-07-03 16:18 +0000
>>>
>>> I want to make a list of lists.  Suppose I make a list by calling this
>>> function
>>>
>>> (defun linseq (&rest sequence)
>>>   sequence)
>>>
>>> How can then I have a function that adds the list as an element to a list
>>> of lists ?
>>
>> The Emacs Lisp manual contains such information.
>
> I have to admit: I do not know in how far the Emacs Lisp manual works as
> a tutorial/introduction to (Emacs) Lisp for people who do not already
> know a Lisp.  But your question suggests that you need an sufficiently
> gentle introduction to (Emacs) Lisp in general.

(Sorry for the multiple postings.)

I quick look at the beginning of the Emacs Lisp manual reveals:

  This manual attempts to be a full description of Emacs Lisp.  For a
  beginner’s introduction to Emacs Lisp, see ‘An Introduction to Emacs
  Lisp Programming’, by Bob Chassell, also published by the Free
  Software Foundation.

And that introductory text is distributed with Emacs.