Re: Org capture language

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Org capture language
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 03:52:41 +0200

Jan Kremer <mail@jankremer.eu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I’m using Doom Emacs on Mac
> (d12frosted/emacs-plus/emacs-plus@28). When I trigger org-capture to
> append my journal.org, Emacs inserts the current date and time. I
> noticed that around the end of april, the language changed from German
> to English (e.g. Freitag -> Friday).
>
> I don’t know what I changed back then but I’d like to have the dates
> in German again.

As far as I understand, org uses `org-time-stamp-formats'.  Did you
change the default value?  Probably not.

If not, the default value uses "%a", which means "[...] the locale's
abbreviated name of the day of week".  The value of `system-time-locale'
should tell what the used locale is.  If the value is nil (that's the
default), the environment variables decide, but that is already outside
of Emacs (unless you set environment variables from inside Emacs).

The shell command "locale" lists the values of those environment
variables.  AFAIU you are mostly interested in "LC_TIME".

Keine Ahnung von Mac oder Doom, sorry.  You need to have an overview
about which settings are living where, and at which part of your system
you want to change them.

Michael.