Re: Non file buffers and default-directory

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Non file buffers and default-directory
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 19:54:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Thanks. This is promising, but it also means that some
> changes are needed in smtpmail-send-it to avoid the bad and
> the ugly part. (And further discussions should probably move
> to emacs-devel.)
>
> Thank you for doing this, I think it will be a very
> important feature when it becomes available.

How do you do a defun with any/arbitrary Elisp code and call
it without Emacs becoming nonresponsive executing the code, no
matter how simple/complex, for the duration of the time the
code is executing?

Note that if this period is prolonged because of
"non-nonresponsive" interactive activity outside of this code,
such a prolongment, slim or big, is okay in this sense
(prevent nonresponsiveness), as that is another issue.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal