Re: disappearing lines

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: disappearing lines
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 22:46:45 +0300

* Peter Münster <pm@a16n.net> [2023-01-16 22:33]:
> On Mon, Jan 16 2023, Arash Esbati wrote:
>
> > You can check your last keystrokes with `C-h l':
>
> This is not so easy, it works only in the same emacs session.
> Last time, I've discovered the disappearance of the lines 9 days later.
> I make daily backups, so I've used the diff between backup of 9 days ago
> and 8 days ago, to restore my file. It's annoying, because it's a very
> big file, with all things that I need to remember. About 20k lines.
> And about 300 lines have vanished...

Did you find in backups?

Did you watch in todo file in ~/.emacs.d/todo/ or where? Did you find
it directly in file without using todo mode?

When you say lines are missing do you mean only in todo-mode or maybe
in the file when you open it without todo-mode?

There may be backup file pending too.

What happens when you use hide/show with v and V?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman