Re: why are files like tramp-loaddefs.el and cl-loaddefs.el natively com

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: why are files like tramp-loaddefs.el and cl-loaddefs.el natively compiled on each startup?
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 18:46:37 +0100

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

> Why are files like tramp-loaddefs.el and cl-loaddefs.el
> natively compiled on each startup?
>
> They change all the time?
>
> Why?

I'm experiencing the same thing, in several different "setups"
(doom-emacs and my own home-made configuration), with both GNU/Emacs 29
and master: every time I launch a new Emacs, I see the following in the
*Async-native-compile-log* buffer:

  Compiling /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs.el.gz...
  uncompressing tramp-loaddefs.el.gz...
  uncompressing tramp-loaddefs.el.gz...done
  Compiling /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-loaddefs.el.gz...
  uncompressing cl-loaddefs.el.gz...
  uncompressing cl-loaddefs.el.gz...done
  Compilation finished.
  Compilation finished.