Re: Debug Fortran 90 code in Emacs with arguments.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Debug Fortran 90 code in Emacs with arguments.
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 11:02:02 +0800

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 10:32 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
> > Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 09:46:27 +0800
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> >
> > >    gdb -i=mi --args ./bin/Debug/bilbao_read 1 2
> >
> > This works, but I noticed the following information:
> >
> > Target doesn’t support non-stop mode.  Turning it off.
>
> This depends on your system, and is generally not a problem.

Here is a concise tutorial [1].

> > But I can't find any explanation that the `-interpreter' can be
> > abbreviated as `-i'.
>
> From the manual:
>
>      Many options have both long and short forms; both are shown in the
>   following list.  GDB also recognizes the long forms if you truncate
>   them, so long as enough of the option is present to be unambiguous.
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for pointing this out, and I have confirmed it as follows:

$ gdb --version
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 9.2-0ubuntu1~20.04) 9.2

$ info gdb|grep -m1 -A2 -B2 'as enough of '
   Many options have both long and short forms; both are shown in the
following list.  GDB also recognizes the long forms if you truncate
them, so long as enough of the option is present to be unambiguous.  (If
you prefer, you can flag option arguments with '--' rather than '-',
though we illustrate the more usual convention.)

[1] http://c.biancheng.net/view/8270.html

Regards,
Hongyi