Re: Code folding in Emacs.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Code folding in Emacs.
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 08:39:19 +0800

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 12:35 AM Daniel Fleischer <danflscr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > [1] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsNiftyTricks#h5o-6
> > [2] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DaleWiles
> > [3] https://github.com/gregsexton/origami.el
> > [4] https://github.com/matsievskiysv/vimish-fold
> > [5] https://github.com/emacsorphanage/yafolding
>
> There is also https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/hideshowvis.el which adds
> mouse support to the built-in existing hideshow library.

Thank you for pointing this out. After further excavation, I find that
the latest source code is resided at here[1]. I figured out the
following configuration with use-package and straight, and it works
like a charm:

(use-package hideshowvis
  :straight (:host github :repo "sheijk/hideshowvis")
  :config
  (autoload 'hideshowvis-enable "hideshowvis" "Highlight foldable regions")

  (autoload 'hideshowvis-minor-mode
    "hideshowvis"
    "Will indicate regions foldable with hideshow in the fringe."
    'interactive)

  (dolist (hook (list 'prog-mode-hook))
    (add-hook hook 'hideshowvis-enable))

  (hideshowvis-symbols)