Re: To use " emacs " on business

From: tomas
Subject: Re: To use " emacs " on business
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 15:59:31 +0200

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 09:05:33AM +0900, 今川陽裕 wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a question.
>
> Is it possible to use " Adobe AIR " for free ?

I have no idea. You should ask Adobe about that :-)

> I want to use " emacs " on business. ( production purpose )
>
> Does it cost to use " emacs " on business ?

No. Emacs is free software [1]. That means that you can use it
with no restrictions, in any way you need or want. You can even
copy it and give copies to your friends.

If you change it and give the changed program to others, you
must grant them the same rights you received, basically. For
a more precise description, please refer to its license, the
GNU General Public License, version 3 [2]. You can find
translations into other languages here [3].

If there are still open questions, just ask :)

Cheers
[1] https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
[2] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
[3] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html