Re: Making ielm behave like a shell (getting to previous commands using

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Making ielm behave like a shell (getting to previous commands using the up-arrow key)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 08:05:08 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> [2020-12-18 01:30]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Then I also use `setq' dynamically many times when debugging:
>
> Why do you want that?

That is how I learned it, instruction was somewhere on how to debug
and I used to do it much in Common Lisp that way.

When you have

(let ((some 1)
      (more 2))

How do you go about debugging such function? Of course it is usually
much more complex than above. Error is reported but is not indicating
where exactly is a problem?

Emacs has instrumenting of functions which can help and which is
similar to setting each variable one by one with setq or setq-local

What is your way of debugging it?

Jean