Re: Recommend a white color theme

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Recommend a white color theme
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 12:00:49 -0900

* Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo <jorge.alfaro-murillo@yale.edu> [151206 10:32]:
> Tim Johnson writes:
>
> >Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo wrote:
> >>I like to use the solarized theme
> >>(https://github.com/sellout/emacs-color-theme-solarized).
> >
> >  I thought that was a pretty good candidate.
> >
> >  1)Is there a name for the default color theme?
>
> solarized

        I do not believe that 'solarized is the default color theme for
        my version of emacs. After some reseach, I find that on my
        version of emacs, it is 'standard.

        (GNU Emacs 24.3.1 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll
        bars of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian on the 64-bit
        ubuntu 14.04 custom install for mac)

> >  2)How does one load/reload the default color theme when some
> >custom theme has already been loaded?
>
> You have to "M-x disable-theme" before loading a new one.
  of course
    plus eval: (load-theme 'standard t)

--
Tim