A strange problem with request.el

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: A strange problem with request.el
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 22:24:26 +0200

Hi all,

I know this is rather vague, but I'm writing in case this is something
trivial I don't know about; if not, I'll try to prepare a minimal
(non-)working example (but this will take me some time).

So I'm using request.el, and everything is fine if there are no errors.
But if something is wrong (like wifi is turned off for testing;-)), this
doesn't work:

(request "http://some.address";
         :parser #'json-read
         :error (function* (lambda (&rest _ &key error-thrown &allow-other-keys)
                             (error "Got error: %s" (cdr error-thrown))))
         :sync t)

When I edebug this, or run it using M-:, the error is signalled
correctly.  When I run it as part of an interactive command, request
just seems to fail silently.

Any idea of what might be wrong with this?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University